Friday, March 7, 2014

Home


Now that it has been a few days, and the events of our trip have had some time to sink in, I can say that everything was fantastic, and I wouldn't change a thing.  Nothing at all.  Not even my botched dockage in Pompano.  Without an idiot to overbook us, I never would have met the folks at Sands Harbor,  who still are contacting me, and have become one of the highlights of the story that I recount to people.


Making a trip like this is a new experience for me, and one that whets your appetite for more.  Already, we have began to talk about what we are going to do next month, who will come along, where we will dock; and whether the idea of a trip to Bimini will become a reality.



For now, its back to reality.  Clients, phone calls, deadlines, cold weather.  Waking up early to meet expectations and live a sensible life.  But there, in the corner of my brain where I let my imagination play, is the sunshine,  the lazy afternoon talking with new friends, the salt on my lips from a long run at sea.  I give it just enough credence to be a reality, but not enough to engulf my thoughts.  Soon.  Soon I can let it run wild again.  But for now, I have to pay the bills.

Here is the inlet at Port Largo, as a quick time lapse.  What a beautiful area.

No comments:

Post a Comment